Deserving

7 Dec

“Deserve’s got nothing to do with it.” ~William Munny, “Unforgiven”

deserving
Deserving

I walked past a small woman who
Madly shouted at phone:
“I deserve much more than this!”
Which made me simply groan

So many people out there
Who think they do deserve
Who only think about what they
Should get, not how to serve

A Warrior is free from stress
‘Cause they deserve nothing
No one owes them, they don’t wait
For what the world will bring

They do not do a task or deed
With thought of what’s been earned
Outward rewards are something
Which Warriors have spurned

The only thing a Warrior earns
Originates within
Self-respect, self-confidence
A jutted-out strong chin

Head held high ‘cause they’re content
With what they have worked for
What they deserve does emanate
From deep within their core

And so this angry lady stands
And spits her hateful rage
‘Cause someone once again did not
Properly guess her wage

They didn’t give her what she thinks
That she “deserves” so now
She’ll piss and moan and whine and cry
And constantly allow

Others to decide what she
Deserves and always be
A spoiled little child when
Some others don’t agree

The Warrior is not prone to
Such unskillful behavior
Because they know they don’t “deserve”
A damn thing, not a favor

Not a payback, not a debt
Not one thing is expected
From anything outside which is
Why they are not affected

By misjudgement, misunderstanding
Unfair distribution
The Warrior just looks within
For all their restitution

11 Responses to “Deserving”

1. Cat Forsley December 7, 2012 at 7:19 am #

LOVE IT MIRO
    makes me think of MARK TWAIN … THIS QUOTE ….
    Don’t go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first.
    Mark Twain
    WISHING YOU AND UR FAM A BRILLIANT HOLIDAY SEASON ………:)
    ur sister x C

• Warrior Poet December 9, 2012 at 6:05 pm #

Thanks Cat. I’m a big Twain fan so that’s quite a compliment. Yes, the world has seniority! 🙂 Merry Christmas to you and yours!

• Cat Forsley December 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

I just wrote under you wife’s birthday Poem!!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂
        i’m a Twain Fan too …. Big Time ……….
        true believer in making things happen for yourself and NOT COMPLAINING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 smiles 🙂
        and Merry Christmas 🙂 🙂 🙂

2. Sue Dreamwalker December 7, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

Miro, its surprising how many think they are deserving in this life… who sit there thinking they are hard done by…

Last week a little old well dressed lady was sat in the front row of a Venue I was at.. I always start by asking every one to smile… as I spoke and gave my 10 minute talk.. before my demonstration of clairvoyance.. Later as I speak I keep reminding them to keep smiling as it helps with uplifting energies… This little old lady then said.. ” I’ve nothing to smile about!” not realising she had spoken out loud that everyone heard… as gently as I could I focused my attention upon her, and said, arrrgh why not!… Not giving her time to really answer I then went to say all of the gifts she had.. her health to walk through the doors, her sight and hearing, her home and food I asked her had she family and friends!… and she said “well… if you put it like that then I do have a lot to smile about..”

Some think they are hard done by and deserving of much more.. Its not until you make some see how much they have…

Loved this posting Miro..

• You As A Machine December 7, 2012 at 4:10 pm #

Great story, Sue.

• Warrior Poet December 9, 2012 at 6:06 pm #

Great story, Sue, So true, we who see clearly have to turn the mirror on those who aren’t aware of what they already have. Attitude of gratitude! 🙂

3. iamforchange December 9, 2012 at 5:15 pm #

I love your pages and your form of self-expression, it is a pleasure to have you share your gifts through your pages Thank you. I have nominated you for blog of the Year please visit my page Blog of the year awards and nominations Thank you! Revised
    Posted on December 9, 2012

• Warrior Poet December 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm #

Thanks, I’m honored by the nomination! Thanks for reading and all your encouragement, fellow Warrior Poet!

4. dontchawannadream December 9, 2012 at 6:22 pm #

You’re so wise, Miro! (… like Michael Scott!! Ahah No, I’m just kidding. :))
    Anyway, inspiring poem!

• Warrior Poet December 9, 2012 at 7:01 pm #

Thanks Cha. Just calling it like I see (and feel) it.

Michael Scott…the ultimate wisdom warrior. 🙂

“You know what they say: fool me once, strike one. But fool me twice. . .strike three.” ~Michael Scott