Clean Christians

3 Oct

Here’s a poem about self-righteous and pious “Christians” who make too big stink over swearing, nudity and other “lewdness” and let these inconsequential things blind them from the big picture. I do believe they’ve lost the fuckin’ plot. 😉

Clean Christians

“Please no swearing! No lewdness and please no nudity!”
These taboo topics make so many stuck-up Christians flee
They do refuse to watch movies and TV shows which feature
Any of these “dirty things” because of what their preacher

Told them on a Sunday morn, “These things will lead to Hell!”
“Jesus Christ” is what I think and what I also tell
All these stuck-up “Christians” who see filth and run away
“Jesus Christ, you know the guy to whom you all do pray?

Yes, Jesus Christ, the man who did surround Himself with those
Who did not have the cleanest language or the nicest clothes
His posse was composed of not the cleanest men around
And all those pious, “Holy” places? Christ could not be found

He walked headlong into the places that were not pristine
You think He only spoke to those who kept their language clean?
You think He did refuse to speak to girls who bared their breasts?
I have a feeling that He did not just limit His quests

To places that were prim and proper, “Holy” and reserved”
And that is why these hypocrite “Christians” make us unnerved
They claim to follow in the steps of someone who stood fast
While their King did illuminate, they run away aghast

While their King made an effort to show grace, love, understanding
“Clean Christians” do get appalled and walk away, remanding
With all due respect to them, to HELL with what they think
Fuck their lack of empathy and Kool-Aid that they drink

Fuck their lack of heart and soul that should be showed in each
And every single action that they practice and they preach
Fuck their search for perfection, my Savior has taught me
There’s no such thing, but if you take a closer look, you’ll see

Beauty in the ones who swear, selflessness in those nude
Grace possessed by those unkempt and courage in the lewd
To all the “Christians” who have been mislead to think they follow
A perfect, pious Savior, here’s a filthy pill to swallow

God bless 😉

8 Responses to “Clean Christians”

1. Cat Forsley October 3, 2012 at 10:19 am #

“Speak Up fellow warrior ”
    well i will 🙂
    We are all the same aren’t we …….
    we make tons of mistakes
    we say bad words
    &*(((&&^( !!!!!!!!
    The most important thing is That we love one another ……….
    That’s it that’s all ……….:)
    Love this one 🙂
    Gave me a loud giggle !
    God Bless You Too 🙂 and Your sense of Humour !
    Cat xx

• Miro October 5, 2012 at 12:45 pm #

Thanks Cat, glad you thought it was funny. I certainly laughed while writing it. 🙂

• Cat Forsley October 5, 2012 at 12:48 pm #

i DID …..
        WE NEED TO SHED LIGHT RIGHT MY BRO 🙂 XX
        ONLY LIGHT XX
        HAPPY THANKSGIVING MY CANADIAN BRO 🙂 XX

2. Erin McNaughton October 3, 2012 at 12:21 pm #

This poem and the idea behind it are great! I was brought up Catholic and attended Catholic school, so I was surround by the idea that doing anything not condoned by the bible or church leaders would send me straight to hell. The strictness of it all led to so much confusion and guilt for me–I don’t personally believe in “Hell” but my teacher said that if I know a classmate is doing drugs or having sex and I don’t rat them out, I’m going to Hell…

The adverse reaction to “unclean” generally goes hand-in-hand with close-mindedness, which makes productive conversation difficult. It’s a bit hypocritical to preach loving everyone, whilst condemning swearing and nudity, isn’t it? At the core of Christianity are such beautiful values. It saddens me a bit that so many people get caught up in the superfluous details.

• Miro October 5, 2012 at 12:49 pm #

Brilliantly put, Erin, thanks for commenting. I love asking pastors and preachers, “How the hell do you know what’s going to send someone to hell? How do you even know what hell is?” Close-minded is the perfect description for this mindset. They think, “There it is, in black and white ink, no more thought needs to be done, and there’s need for alternate interpretation.” A major reason why I’ve never been able to exist within a church setting. I’m no sheep, the lesson I’ve always felt came through from Jesus was “Don’t rely on anything material (not even the Bible), and search within your own heart for what you feel is right.” Too bad most “Christians” are scared shitless of what’s inside, so they’ll reach for anything in order to not have to confront, process and understand their intuition.

3. Sue Dreamwalker October 5, 2012 at 11:16 am #

Bravo! …
    I cannot tell you how many ‘pious-ones’ I have met in my life, who point the finger and hold the bible up at you .. Especially me being a medium as ‘I Do the Devils Work’ didn’t you know? I even had a picket line once outside a Spiritualist Church I was giving a service at once, with placards the works 🙂 Oh how that made me laugh…. as they ranted their abuse! .. 🙂

Those self same ones who walk across the other side of the street as they see me coming with a disabled person who isnt within their ‘Norm’ of look or behaviour.. Those self same ones who were found to be abusing children,
    Those self same ones with their pious teachings of hell and damnation..

Bravo Miro…. I endorse every @*$%^!! Word ;-D

• Miro October 5, 2012 at 12:52 pm #

“Agree to disagree” is not something I’ve heard a lot of so-called “Christians” say and truly feel. The text they follow is black and white, and they want the world to be just as uncomplicated. I respect the Christian who has never read the Bible but follows his heart more than the Christian who has no empathy or understanding but can recite it front to back.

• Sue Dreamwalker October 5, 2012 at 4:00 pm #

Agreed Miro, Living from the Heart is all that is needed Miro, we need no Church to pray in and no preacher to give us permission The sky is my temple and My heart is my soul…and I live by my conscience.