So Hard

21 Apr

“Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” ~Bruce Lee

So Hard

Motivation, inspiration
Words which do excite
But then the doubt creeps in as they
Lament with this old plight:

“But it’s so hard” they whine and cry
“So hard to do these things”
“So hard to get up off my ass”
“So hard to grab those rings”

“So hard to put into effect”
“So hard to not just talk”
“So hard to endure discomfort”
“So hard to walk the walk”

Sometimes it is a great pain
To be a Warrior
And see how many people let
“So hard” daunt and deter

Sometimes I put face in palm
And just give a big sigh
Close my eyes and shake my head
While I ask myself, “Why?”

Why can’t they seem to get it?
The same thing that I learned?
That anything you accomplish
Must be fought for and earned?

Why do so few see that pain
Discomfort, work and sweat
Is not the enemy, instead
It’s how you pay your debt?

Why do so many look for
The easy, pleasant way?
Why are they so blind to all
Who have endured the fray?

Why do they talk of athletes
And famous people who
BUST THEIR ASS in order to
Make their success accrue?

And yet put in a fraction of
The work their heroes did
And wonder why they’re miserable
“It’s hard? Oh God forbid!”

“God forbid I have to sweat!
Or have a little strain
God forbid I push myself
And have to endure pain!”

I only now have one response
Whenever someone sits
And furrows brow and says “Yeah but
It’s so hard” and then quits

And that response is that I turn
And simply walk away
This Warrior no longer has
Inspiring words to say

To anyone who thinks “So hard!”
And just becomes annoyed
Consider me one more hard thing
That you can now avoid

6 Responses to “So Hard”

1. Sue Dreamwalker April 21, 2012 at 6:02 pm #

Poeple think they have is so hard should go to the slums in Sri-Lanka, where Ive seen children sifting through rubbish.. they should see the women in africa walk for miles to fetch a bucket of dirty water to cook and drink from..
    arrgh…. This poem touch me Miro.. People should be so thankful for ever blessing they have got..Who sit and have everything compared to some.. and say their life is hard..
    There but for the Grace of God go I… for we could all have been born in different circumstances..
    A wonderful poem ..
    And I love your new Theme too. 🙂 Enjoy your weekend Miro.. Sue

2. omwaombara April 22, 2012 at 2:52 am #

Warrior Poet Wisdom. Lord make me a good Warrior. Give me the strength to endure. Give me the Grace, the Wisdom to make the world a better place for everybody.

3. lscotthoughts April 22, 2012 at 12:01 pm #

Wonderful message, Miro…sometimes I think of how we all complain at times, then I think of those who are truly living through terror each day and there just is no comparison. We have taught our children (now young adults) about earning your living. So many young kids are handed the silver platter without breaking a sweat; what does it teach them? 🙂 Wonderful poem and I’m sending wishes for a peaceful Sunday~

4. ansuyo April 22, 2012 at 8:53 pm #

Too many want everything, but they don’t want to work for it. Sometimes they want someone else to work for it. Things gained without work are seldom really valued. Great post Angie 🙂

5. granbee April 25, 2012 at 3:41 pm #

Almost all of these lines I constantly hear from people who say they have to go to the doctor all the time and take meds because the “natural” way I live is just “too hard”! Thank you for this boost today, Miro!

6. Antigone's Clamor April 28, 2012 at 10:46 am #

Wonderful! I heard something recently–someone I know said to pick something in seven areas of your life (Spiritual, Vocational, Financial, Adventure, Relationships, Health, Knowledge/skills) and to think of ways that something within them could be improved. Then you pray over them constantly and strive to improve (because certainly sometimes you need the Lord’s strength to help you through). Think of the difference that could make! It’s verbalized, and you keep it at the forefront of your mind, instead of pushing it back. It might be hard, but it’s worth it.