1-in-100 Warrior Award: Poetic Parfait

8 Mar

“Out of every one hundred men, ten shouldn’t even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back.” ~Heraclitus

Service to others. The greatest purpose in life according to one of my most beloved mentors. Service to others is the constant placing of other people’s needs, well-being, growth and good fortune before your own. I know very few people who fit this description as well as Christy Birmingham of Poetic Parfait. Christy has been a constant supporter of my writing as well as countless other creatives across several different forms of social media. She shares the passionate creative work of others not for anything in return, but because she cares. Because she believes in others. Because she gives more thought for others than she does for herself. It’s for this reason that I would ask all of you to visit Poetic Parfait and support her back. Her work is always imaginative, introspective and thought-provoking, and is deserving of the same amount of showcase. She’s 1-in-100, and we’re lucky to have her: Poetic Parfait

Guidelines for the 1-in-100 Warrior Award: Warriors are not motivated by awards or fame. They see awards not as an opportunity for the ego to rejoice, but rather an opportunity to honor other warrior brothers and sisters. To acknowledge and honor the rarity of the warrior, it is recommended that the recipient passes this award on to only *one* other blogger that they feel goes above and beyond to serve and inspire others, and who maintains their grace and positivity even in the face of difficult challenges, such as health issues, tragedy, injustice or loss.

Once an author is given the award, they may continue nominating one new blog author once a week, month, year… or whatever seems appropriate. It’s like a knight’s ability to bestow knighthood onto another whenever they choose. But only one at a time. The patience of a warrior is required. ;)

9 Responses to “1-in-100 Warrior Award: Poetic Parfait”

1. Jemmy Farmer March 8, 2012 at 4:02 pm #

Can’t argue this one Warrior, Christy is superb!

2. granbee March 8, 2012 at 4:59 pm #

Wow, for the first time, Miro, you have nominated a blogger for this 1-in-100 Warrior Award with whom I am totally unfamiliar. Trotting over there right now! You are such a wonderful leader for us! Thank you!

3. Aspergers Girls March 8, 2012 at 7:23 pm #

thought you would enjoy this — the wounded healer. Includes the whole humility piece. I offer out for connection. No need to respond or even view, if not inspired to.

~ Sam

4. Julie Catherine March 8, 2012 at 7:24 pm #

YAY! Miro, love your choice! Christy is absolutely awesome; and your comments about her are spot on. She’s one of my staunchest supporters too, and has been so encouraging to me since I began blogging; besides being a totally delightful, funny and caring person. ~ Julie 🙂

5. lscotthoughts March 8, 2012 at 7:26 pm #

I agree with you completely, Miro! Christy is wonderful! 🙂

6. smilingsunshinegirl March 9, 2012 at 1:06 am #

That’s a wonderful way of introducing your friend…!:)

7. Christy Birmingham March 9, 2012 at 1:12 am #

Wow. I am close to tears right now. Thank-you Miro, and all the lovely commenters here. I feel loved, happy, and so appreciated. I look forward to choosing another blogger for the honour. But for now it is time to relax and sleep. Take care and have a wonderful night.

• Miro March 9, 2012 at 9:30 am #

My pleasure, Christy. You *are* loved! Thank you for being such a wonderful and beautiful person. We all appreciate it very much. 🙂

8. Sue Dreamwalker March 10, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Christy is a well worth Warrior Miro and Ive just been to say congratulations to her…
    Will be back soon here too to catch up my friend..