The Missing Piece

“All along I’ve shown you by example that a warrior’s life is not about imagined perfection or victory; it is about love.” ~Dan Millman, “Way of the Peaceful Warrior

The Missing Piece

As I have beat my chest and claimed
“A warrior am I!”
There have been many that claim to
The same virtues apply

I’m always joyed to meet another
Warrior in heart
But sometimes they seem to be missing
The most crucial part

They speak of strength and wisdom but
Their motivation’s not
The same as what I believe that
The warrior has got

Love is what it’s all about
The driving force within
It is not fame or money or
Awards or a big win

My cause is always rooted in
My love for those that share
The air I breath, the ground I walk
For those not yet aware

Of all the strength and fearlessness
That they possess but never
Cultivate it, let it out and
Take control forever

It’s very obvious to me
When someone’s motivation
It not a selfless one, instead
It’s on their own fixation

Their own success, their own advance
Their own fortune and fame
One cannot be a “warrior”
If driven by acclaim

They never seem to share knowledge
From others who are wise
They often quote themselves as they
Inspire and advise

Be weary of the ones that claim
To be warriors but
Seem to think quite highly of
Themselves and tend to strut

Flash their name at every chance
And make real sure no one
Ever quotes a single line
Unless credit is done

The warrior is selfless and
Before themselves puts you
Beware impostors who just want
To make their wealth accrue

You’ll see the truth when you meet them
Your intuition knows
The missing piece of love will always
Shed light and expose

For love does radiate, it is
The peaceful, guiding light
That those out for themselves will never
Manage to ignite

Love,

15 Responses to “The Missing Piece”

1. Nandini January 21, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Love is the way, always. It is the heart of the creation of everything. 🙂

Great wisdom, Miro! 🙂

2. granbee January 21, 2012 at 12:37 pm #

Miro, such a wise young warrior you are! Thank you for reminding us again today to beware the imposters, the ones with holes in their hearts their poor souls know not how to fill. May you lead us on the warpath of love to bring live-giving light into those hollowed out hearts!

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 23, 2012 at 9:33 am #

Thanks for your kind words, Granbee, very humbling. I’d rather not lead though, but walk beside my brother and sister warriors. We all already know the way. 🙂

3. zendictive January 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm #

very well said…
    my first thought was the title…
    I saw it as… the missing peace… since I have been so busy lately. Your words are true to the heart.

I read “the peaceful warrior” about the gymnist that worked at a gas station years ago, it still rings in my head the true strength in life is love, for others, for another and for yourself and life. Limits are ment to be broken.

I have always prided that I am a humble man with a tea cup of buddha for wealth, that gladly shares a drink with any one thirsty. I admire your wisdom and wit and become entranced in your writes. Great job, your selflessness is absorbed by many… your light shines for others to come from the darkness the live in. Your warmth is felt by many. You are a true peaceful warrior (~_~)

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 23, 2012 at 9:36 am #

Thank you, such thoughtful and humbling words. Much appreciated. I appreciate your light and wisdom as well. I know you walk the path you write about every day, which is why writes like your stand apart from those who simply know but don’t do. You are a warrior my friend, one of a hundred who will bring the others back. Shine on!

4. aussieian2011 January 21, 2012 at 10:26 pm #

Well written and very insightful
    With love no one can really write of it unless they have felt
    The arms of love wrapped around their heart
    Ian aka Emu

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 23, 2012 at 9:37 am #

For sure, not something that can be faked. Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed.

5. Sunshine January 21, 2012 at 11:55 pm #

“Your intuition knows.”
    Words so true Miro, yet I find very easy to brush away for many reasons. One being, intuitively one may know that following someone is not right, but fears like loneliness or being rejected makes over riding intuition quite easy. Thank you.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 23, 2012 at 9:42 am #

Yes! Nail hit on the head, fear of loneliness and rejection is often a driving factor. Inability to let go. Let it ALL go. Speaking for myself, I only achieved true lasting peace when I let it go. Fear of rejection, loneliness, ridicule, embarrassment…all of it. The important thing to remember is that intuition is not the ego; they are two very different forces. Intuition is the selfless truth within, ego is the voice that has a vested interest for our own comfort and gain.
      Thanks for reading!

6. pbus1 January 22, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

“And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.” Thank you for sharing, Miro!

Paulette

7. christyb January 23, 2012 at 9:22 am #

What a pure, genuine spirit you exude Miro! Yes although people’s words may indicate they are selfless and warrior-like in their ways, it is their actions and spirit that speak louder than words and can indicate otherwise. Be selfless rather than self-serving. Well written Miro.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 23, 2012 at 9:31 am #

Thank you kindly. So true, knowledge is knowing, wisdom is doing. The veil is most often lifted when it’s time to stop talking and start doing. Many of my writes are not philosophies, but chronicles of my journey as a warrior, and I believe that’s why so many find them to be unique, powerful and resonate so much. I’ve always found the best writers are ones that “write what they know.” Or perhaps that old saying should be updated to “Write what you *do*.” 🙂
      Peace & grace

8. Cold Dead Heart January 23, 2012 at 10:04 am #

This was so pretty…I really liked it and it’s a call to doing rather than dreaming. I really like your writing. 🙂