Resonance

“I have nothing new to teach the world. Truth and Non-violence are as old as the hills.” ~Mohandas Gandhi

Resonance

Many of the people who
To my poems subscribe
Often write in and they use
The same words to describe

What they’ve read, they say things like
“This is so beautiful”
“This is the truth” and “thought provoking”
And “quite powerful”

I’ll always try to thank them for
Taking the time to say
How much they enjoyed but I
Don’t have pride to display

I do not feel all warm and fuzzy
And think that I’m great
I cannot take credit for the
Feelings my writes create

I’ll often say to them “I’m glad
To hear it resonated”
Because it’s what’s inside of them
That made them so elated

Definition: resonate;
To amplify the sound
Of something else because it’s the
Same degree of profound

For those that read and see beauty
They’re just seeing their own
For those that hear a deep message
Their own depth has been shown

For those that see the truth, it’s ‘cause
They’ve known it all along
The only difference is that now
It’s in the form of song

And for those who don’t get much from
My warrior poetry
Perhaps it’s ‘cause within them there
Is not that much to see

Those who nitpick and argue
Over things like semantics
Miss the point because they aren’t
Warriors or romantics

My writes speak to the heart and soul
So those who are devoid
Are best to seek out other works
And my poems avoid

But those who read and feel inspired
Are reminded of
The strength they have, the grace and courage
Peace as well as love

So thank you for your gratitude
It’s gratefully returned
But just remember there is not
That much here to be learned

Instead there is a resonance
With truths that you’ve possessed
All along and all I do
Is help them be expressed

16 Responses to “Resonance”

1. tshang January 14, 2012 at 1:49 pm #

I love this poem, but the way I see it is that you do provide something that is not already there. I am not sure how to define what the something is, but without it we may not have experienced that amplification. The way that you have presented the words cause them to resonate, the words alone did not illicit the response.

So you see, the gift that you have is akin to water or sunshine to a seed. The seed may be present, but without water… without sunshine.. it will never blossom.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 15, 2012 at 4:41 pm #

That’s a wonderful analogy, thanks for sharing. Thanks for your kind words and encouragement.

2. Deb January 14, 2012 at 3:22 pm #

Well written my friend.
    I have an award for you.

3. Sue Dreamwalker January 14, 2012 at 4:17 pm #

Your Words echo within for they are inspired by those same inner voices many hear.. You my friend are a Warrior for you dare to write them.. you take heed and listen within that deep well of emotion, you listen to the voice within, and you harken to its words of wisdom and then you share with others your experience..
    If they pass on by then it is not their time to feel, and yet I know many stay, and take in those words knowing not how to express themselves the beauty they find in them…
    When we listen, really listen to our inner most thoughts we often do not hear the answers we would like to hear.. But we are always guided to those places where others can sooth our souls, and bring comfort..
    For a Warrior usually has gone through battle with scars well hidden, but they still bleed. But a Warrior travels this realm, holding their banners high, so all who wish to see their truth, can stop, and listen within their own souls and become a true Sage..
    You Miro, are a true Sage… and your poems are inspiration for many..
    Blessings~ Sue

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 15, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Thanks Sue for that amazing comment. Gratitude! 🙂

4. lscotthoughts January 14, 2012 at 4:50 pm #

Oh, Miro, I really felt your message in this poem. Of course, I do in all of your writings, but your message here runs deep and I appreciate it. Keep writing and resonating the truths we already know, so that we are enlightened, once again~

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 15, 2012 at 4:45 pm #

Thank you kindly, glad it resonated. 🙂 As always, thanks for reading. Wishing you continued inspiration & creativity!

5. The Emu January 14, 2012 at 11:50 pm #

No my friend I wont say, I like your words , I wont say they are beautiful , I wont say words to inflate an ego , I will say words that reflect my true understanding of what is written , as Sue Dreamwalker I agree , its not what is written it is where it has come from that sells the story, for me when I read your words they are coming from the heart , a heart of emotions that are very real , a heart encased in words written from the soul
    Write on my friend
    Ian aka Emu

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Thanks Ian, greatly appreciated. It’s lovely to see how many are being inspired by my writes, and are responding with heartfelt truth and fearlessness.

6. Cat Forsley January 15, 2012 at 1:21 pm #

“AMPLIFY THE SOUND ” love that —– that’s exactly how i feel – making the sound clearer more definitive – in the heart ….. so Miro – This resonates with me – smiles and grace to You
    Cxx

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 15, 2012 at 4:47 pm #

Glad to hear it Cat! Thanks for reading, glad it amplified. 🙂

7. granbee January 17, 2012 at 12:18 pm #

Miro, I believe it will be correct for me to take the following message to ME from this post today: “Go forth and RESONATE the truth and beauty and peace you read of herein.” We MUST “pass it along” if we truly have hopes for this world!

8. soumyav April 29, 2012 at 11:35 pm #

Beautiful words of resonance…your thoughtsand feelings surely resonate..

9. lcminh September 6, 2012 at 11:15 am #

Dear Miro, I was planning to start a translation group named Resonance as well with my friends. Inspired by this poem of yours, we hope to use the image in this poem as our logo. But we are living in Vietnam, quite a poor country really , so we don’t really have anything to offer you though. Hope you don’t mind 😀

• Miro September 7, 2012 at 1:02 am #

Not at all, especially since I borrowed the image to begin with. 🙂 Thank you for your note, so glad to hear Resonance inspired you and your friends. Peace, strength & grace always, ~Miro.