Busy

“Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” ~Socrates

Busy

Sorry, I don’t have the time
To talk to you today
I’m too busy with my life
To hear what you’ve to say

I’ve got this thing to do right now
And it can’t wait a sec
But maybe if things do ease up
Can I get a raincheck?

Not sure when that will be though
This thing is so high stakes
I’m so invested and full-blast
I can’t put on the brakes

I wish I could put it on hold
And ask what’s new with you
But you have to understand
My spare moments are few

I’ve barely got the time to eat
Or make a change of clothes
Or watch the playoff game tonight
Or other favourite shows

Sorry, I wish I could help
There’s so much going on
I’m so tied up in my affairs
I’m just a bit withdrawn

With what is going on around
The world outside of me
Hopefully I’ll have time to
Open my eyes and see

That the greatest purpose in
Life is to serve others
Maybe once things calm a bit
I’ll have time for my brothers

I’ll tell you what, this thing I’ve got
Could hold on just a bit
It’s not the end of the world if
We take the time to sit

And now that I think twice about
This other thing I’ve got
It won’t take as much time as I
Thought that it would allot

And since there’s times I’m really bored
And have nothing to do
I’d feel like such a hypocrite
To have no time for you

When I stop and ponder how
The word “busy” is used
I realize I’m just asking
Myself to be excused

For only having time for me
And my selfish affairs
It’s not a word that’s ever used
By anyone who cares

So strike what I said earlier
I’m not busy at all
My stuff can wait ‘till later on
I’ve got time for your call

It’s funny how despite how busy
Every day would seem
I didn’t realize that time’s
Passing was not extreme

There’s always moments to step back
From our busy day’s work
Service is the one job that
We shouldn’t ever shirk

19 Responses to “Busy”

1. Jackie L. Robinson January 10, 2012 at 8:16 am #

You have such a gift of capturing truth. This speaks perfectly to how our busy-ness inhibits our ability to live our potential. Living in FATE instead of stepping forward into our DESTINY. xo

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 10:09 am #

Thanks Jackie. It’s it amazing how busy we can seem and still get nothing accomplished? I know my own productivity skyrocketed only when I stopping being too busy to do any new thing that came along. 🙂

2. pbus1 January 10, 2012 at 8:19 am #

Good morning Miro,

I really like the message you shared in this poem. It rings so true, to those who have an ear to hear the message, and to receive it! Many don’t want to believe it! However, that doesn’t make it any less true. Thanks! Another job well done! 🙂

Paulette

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 10:11 am #

Thanks Paulette, glad to hear you enjoyed it. The truth is within all of us, and we can only deny it for so long. For some it takes a spin around the sun, for others, ten, a hundred, or even a thousand. Eventually we all get it. 🙂

3. Sue Dreamwalker January 10, 2012 at 11:46 am #

I sometimes wonder how we fit everything into a day… Ioved this poem Miro.. you have a great gift of putting into a poem thoughts which can at the best of times be hard to express.. I hope I will always make time to read their Wisdom for Wise they are indeed.
    Enjoy the moments within your Busy Day… 🙂

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 2:24 pm #

Thank you. Most gifts are simply the courage to speak or do when most others remain quiet and still. 🙂 Have an inspired and productive day.

4. Savira January 10, 2012 at 12:29 pm #

How true this is… we have so very little time for people.. You have a knock of putting honesty in a way that does not offend but makes one sit up and think about!

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 2:27 pm #

All depends on how entrenched the reader/listener’s ego is in regards to how offended someone gets. I’m glad to hear you don’t find my writing offensive. The ego keep so many from deeper thinking and understanding.

5. dontchawannadream January 10, 2012 at 1:44 pm #

Awesome, Miro!!!!! I wish I could write such poems.
    And I’d love to listen to songs with YOUR lyrics. They would be huge hits.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 2:28 pm #

What a lovely compliment, thank you. I’ll give Nickleback a call and see if they’re interested. 🙂

6. granbee January 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm #

So often, Miro, we use “busy-ness” as a very shallow and poor excuse to avoid hearing what is real from other people. If we did that, then we might have to confront what REALLY needs attention within ourselves, don’t you think? Thank you so much for this good strong poem today about busy-ness and its excuses!

• Warrior Poet Wisdom January 10, 2012 at 2:30 pm #

Absolutely. A warning flag always goes up when I hear someone say how busy they are. Usually it’s an exaggeration, or it’s for a predominantly selfish endeavor. It’s a matter of redefining vocabulary. I always correct people who ask me if I’m busy. “No, but I’m being quite productive.” 😉

7. christyb January 10, 2012 at 7:34 pm #

So true! We are all so busy… but where exactly are we all going?!
    christyb

8. poeticjourney January 10, 2012 at 8:36 pm #

Another beautiful poem from you and so true! God Bless 🙂

9. The Emu January 10, 2012 at 9:56 pm #

Wonderful writing and very pertinent in todays world
    The faster technology grows and businesses accelerate
    The more we fall into the world you write of
    Emu aka Ian

10. lscotthoughts January 11, 2012 at 12:52 am #

This is so true, Miro, but then, every message you convey, is so very true to life..Awesome poem! 🙂

11. willofheart January 11, 2012 at 1:29 am #

I am always amazed the way you brought truth into words… yes u’re right this is brilliant…

12. eof737 January 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm #

Socrates quote is so apropos… Sometimes I wonder where the time went; especially when not much has been accomplished. 😉

13. Blood-Ink-Diary January 15, 2012 at 1:58 am #

Miro, write a book of poetry! Your work is absolutely magical — truth, resilence, wisdom, beauty and meaning in your poetry. What a lovely warrior-soul you are. Keep penning. Cheers.