A Warrior Still

22 Dec

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.”  ~Winston Churchill

A Warrior Still

When a warrior falls
In the face of a test
There’s one thing they are
As they heal up and rest:

A warrior still

When an illness they get
Brings them down to their knees
They are this one thing
In the face of disease:

A warrior still

When they’re running on empty
And each step is a chore
Despite weakened state
They’re what they were before:

A warrior still

Regardless of how
The outcome turns out
The participant of
The battle’s no doubt

A warrior still

So when you are down
When you feel weak and broken
Let these five words
Be intensely spoken:

“I am a warrior STILL”

13 Responses to “A Warrior Still”

1. poeticjourney December 22, 2011 at 12:52 am #

beautiful post, ty for sharing. God Bless You 🙂

2. lscotthoughts December 22, 2011 at 1:24 am #

The inspiration in this poem poured out like a roaring waterfall, Miro! Thank you so much, because there are times, when we all feel down or defeated. This is enough to lift us up! Peace and Blessings to you during this holiday season!

3. mysterycoach December 22, 2011 at 4:40 am #

I think you may just love this young man.. have a look. 🙂

4. iamforchange December 22, 2011 at 6:08 am #

A Warrior you are and shall always be. May the Lord give you the Gift of Great Love and Peace. Thank you for being the Warrior you are and sharing your gifts!

5. khushjenny December 22, 2011 at 7:13 am #

Wow, Miro..Another inspiring Poem.. This is fantastic! I would remember this 5 words during hard times.. Thanks for sharing.. 🙂

6. Nandini December 22, 2011 at 8:48 am #

Thanks for the inspirations. Great poem, Miro. Good wishes to you! 🙂

7. Step On a Crack December 22, 2011 at 12:36 pm #

Oh. My. It is indeed good to be reminded that the Warrior Lives even when broken of Heart and of Spirit. I LOVE this blog and what you are doing.

The Pen is mightier than the Sword and it always has been. My Poets Heart needs to be reminded right now. Thank you Brother.

Peace, Jen

I believe you would really like a poetry slam group called Slam Nuba. They won this years poetry slam competition in Boston. I have two YouTube links to a couple of their Warrior Slams on my post We all Need Poetry. They remind me of you. That is Praise my friend.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom December 22, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Thank you, that is high praise. 🙂 I’ll check it out, it would be great to connect with other warrior poets. Thank you for showing me the doorway. 🙂

8. granbee December 22, 2011 at 6:08 pm #

We continue to fight the good fight; we continue to run the good race! Fellow warriors, onward and upward! Thank you for this most inspiring and touching photo of the multiple amputee soldier!

9. fromtheheartofj December 22, 2011 at 9:41 pm #

This post touched me deeply Miro and was an echo of what I’ve been hearing in my heart as of late. Even if a wounded warrior has to retreat a bit into the bomb shelter to escape the fire of bullets coming their way…it is never defeat…”A Warrior still”…a Warrior at rest.
    Thank you so very much for sharing. God Bless you and Merry Christmas.

10. eof737 December 22, 2011 at 11:21 pm #

Thank you for the touching post… Happy Holidays! 🙂

11. willofheart December 24, 2011 at 1:08 am #

this is beautiful and inspiring post Miro thank you for sharing… 🙂

12. zendictive December 26, 2011 at 8:56 am #