Truth Hurts

13 Dec

Truth Hurts

I sat in darkness for a while
Comfortable, I thought
Details sharp, or so it seemed
‘Till one day I was taught

That what I had believed was full
Vision was true blindness
A mentor entered my life and
He caused me lots of stress

He pulled the blinds up and the light
Did hurt so intensely
“The truth can be quite painful for
All those who could not see”

I scolded him and cursed his name
“How dare you upset me?”
“Exactly,” he said with a smile
“I dare to set you free

Most would have you sit in darkness
Scared to pull the blinds
Fearful of hurting your feelings
Frightened, selfish minds

I have no qualms with riling you
‘Cause I know for a fact
It was painful for me as well
To find out what I lacked

I’m not concerned about your hurt
‘Cause I know it won’t last
Soon your eyes will focus and
You will not be aghast

Instead you will be grateful for
The chance to see things how
They were truly intended
When the light you allow

To fully shine through your window
Illuminating all
But it always takes someone
Who has a little gall

To not worry about upsetting
Your little ego
Silly fool, don’t you know it
Takes discomfort to grow?”

“You’re welcome” he said before my
Ego could muster ”thanks”
And off he went into the light
To combine with the ranks

Of the very few people
That had the guts to tell
The hurtful truth because they just
Wanted me to excel

21 Responses to “Truth Hurts”

1. mysterycoach December 13, 2011 at 9:38 am #

Yup. Nicely said.

2. Nandini December 13, 2011 at 12:05 pm #

🙂 Great wisdom..

3. Elaine Ang December 13, 2011 at 12:14 pm #

hello miro, Nice one. I love it, i mean i read the first page of your blog and im really really impressed, the way you put words together and made such a nice poet. the gossiping,connections , why you dont have any friends and all. I am envious. :)) great poet u have.

• Warrior Poet Wisdom December 15, 2011 at 8:59 am #

Thank you so much Elaine, very kind of you. Don’t be envious though, you have the same talent and ability within you as well. With training, you’ll show it to the world.
      Miro

4. Antigone's Clamor December 13, 2011 at 3:09 pm #

“I dare to set you free”…if only we could all be so bold and loving toward our friends! I err on the side of comfort and passivity far too often.

You told that story well, and you never waste a word!

• Warrior Poet Wisdom December 13, 2011 at 3:52 pm #

We could be so bold! Many just *choose* not to. Anytime the opportunity presents itself, you have a choice to make. Now that you’re aware of it, you may not make the same auto-response. 🙂
      Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed it.

5. willofheart December 13, 2011 at 6:04 pm #

awesome piece, 🙂

6. iamforchange December 14, 2011 at 12:02 am #

Heart felt and very well said! I embrace such wisdom and am honored you choose to share for some of us we have met many that inspire us so and you are one of them… The truth hurts and builds better us’s ! Thank you Brother Warrior!

• Warrior Poet Wisdom December 14, 2011 at 10:07 am #

Domo arigato, I’m glad to hear it resonates with you, Brother Warrior! Continued peace, strength and inspiration!

7. df barker December 14, 2011 at 10:01 am #

This is great!

8. Sue Dreamwalker December 14, 2011 at 10:26 am #

Wow!… an excellent poem Warriorpoet.. Often we seldom see the Truth of why we hurt or hurt others for that matter…. If we didn’t have the dark times in our lives when would we know the Light?.. IF we didnt have the Bad, when would we know when we had it Good?… Life has many lessons and teaches us many things and not all of those lessons are understood, It isnt until we reflect and really see how far we have travelled upon our own ruggid roads we understand how far we have come…. Our hurts can be painful.. But we need to understand we are the ones who either let that hurt go, or hang onto it letting it restrict our view to the narrow mindedness some hold onto..
    Our worst enimies are sometime our greatest teaches for without them we may never grow and reach for the Light..
    Blessings and Gratitude to you
    ~Dreamwalker

• Warrior Poet Wisdom December 14, 2011 at 10:51 am #

Thanks for your thoughtful comment. For myself, it has always been a matter of ego. Emotional pain is a direct result of the ego, which I believe is part of the mortal body, being selfish. It’s important for us to remember that we don’t have souls; rather we ARE souls, and we HAVE bodies. I see the soul as being selfless and being above that type of response.

• Sue Dreamwalker December 14, 2011 at 11:45 am #

I couldnt agree more… We are energy Light beings/ souls first using the body, which is tied up within an emotional experience.. We have for the most part forgotten who we really are as Ego has governened our emotions.. Thus we go around and around in our material world.. Once we understand this and let go of fear and the ‘hanging’ onto hurts we find the TRUTH of who we really are.. Eternal Beings..
        Many thanks Miro… you have a wonderful insightful place here 🙂

9. granbee December 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm #

Truth MUST hurt if it is to successfully pierce our self-generated armour, warrior! Thank you so much for this beautify truth-telling here on this post. It is through this post that we know you want US to succeed! I am so glad you chose to picture the truth as a very powerful set of sunbeams that do indeed hurt our eyes when we first open them to such glory!

10. zendictive December 17, 2011 at 10:43 am #

witty truth (~_~)

11. Asif March 15, 2012 at 7:38 am #

Wonderful.. You are very true about ego.. that we are souls that have bodies.. great blog 🙂